Welcome to BCS! This is our blog where we update school happenings daily. Mrs. Tabetha Sullens, Principal posts pictures and information for parents, students, staff and guests. Please take your time and get to know us... come see what Boyd Christian School has to offer.



Thursday, January 22, 2009

Scrip Challenge

I want to challenge you all to purchase one scrip card this month. The program is not asking for money. The places you can use the cards are places you already shop. If you go to Wal-Mart, Texaco, or Applebee's you can use scrip! There are over 100 vendors and it is free money for the school. We did really well this fall with the program and since we have been back this month, our participation is minimal. I encourage you all to use this method of fundraising for Boyd because it doesn't cost anything. Well, maybe a few minutes of planning. I, myself, do all of my Wal-Mart and Walgreens shopping through Boyd. Mr. Harper buys all of his gas through the school. I challenge you to sit down this weekend, look at your budget and see where your spending is for next month. If you can, please do purchase scrip cards to shop in February! If every family would use ONE we would truly benefit. Also, a thank you for the Pizza Hut participation on Wednesdays! If we keep up how much we have done, we can easily earn $500 a month for Boyd. Just remember Wednesdays before or after church, dine in, call for delivery, or carryout your dinner at Pizza Hut. Let me also remind you that our Annual Spring Banquet is getting closer every day. If you have friends or family who are ALABAMA fans, please do let them know that Coach Gene Stallings will be here and we would be delighted to have them as guests. If you would like me to send out banquet information, please send me an email. I am also curious how many of you are familiar with the International Baccalaureate Program, commonly referred to as "IB". If you are interested, please send me an email. Again, thank you for all of your support and cooperation. Remember to keep BCS in your prayers! Have a wonderful weekend.